Sunday, November 21, 2010

Whats Mimikko Whats Is A Mimikko? Please Help?

Conclusion - 4 months

Actually, I would just very hard on my presentation work for tomorrow, but time for a few lines to such an important date as it is today has to be simple. :-)
four months we are already here and the culture shock is finally overcome. Actually I've never thought much of that term, but since I have to just use my knowledge from the study. :-) A culture shock that is has 4 phases. In the beginning is the so-called "honeymoon phase" where everything is great. I might not necessarily say that in the beginning everything was great, but at least exciting and new. Then came the "crisis" created by me for the most part due to sheer boredom and linguistic barriers. Ok and the fact that we are so dependent on another is that one is locked up here like this (the day it's too hot in the dark, we should not out) that one can not simply rely on a lot that you will generally always stared at, etc. And then come the stages of " recovery "and" Adaptation. " I quote Wikipedia "The person has been integrated into the new culture, she understands the culture and takes part even behavioral characteristics of the foreign culture." now is it really true that I have to criticize anything at Fortaleza and the life here. Of course there are still all the problems mentioned, but it's just that I got used to it and do not mind anymore. I am a bit " sad when I pull for the internship (which I still do not) in the south and all the good people will leave here. Yes, I could remain here, but I just want the challenge and start again somewhere alone. I am almost certain that the "culture shock" repeatedly ... :-)
After 4 months it is already recognized by the way the bus. Cathleen once drove home alone and there has actually asked the cashier to find her two friends are for. And another day is dasgleiche Vani and me happened. Because he has missed Cathleen ... very sweet.
After 4 months, we also once again wants to really good, Heimatliches German food. So we are on Friday evening went to the HofbrÀuhaus (photo). The anticipation was huge, because the menu had read really good, but after the disappointment was at least as large. Vani and I had has a mixed meat platter with mashed potatoes and sauerkraut, but the only tasted a bit like what was at home, unfortunately only the sauerkraut. To a delicious cyclists we had already got, but that they did not have ... We should probably wait but rather, until we are back in Germany and now enjoy the Brazilian delicacies.
Oh and the Christmas shock we had during the last month. Vani and I planned to run errands for the final journey Amazonas Shopping Center in the making at the university, as we were by the overwhelming Christmas there totally by surprise. That just does not fit, if there are giant Santas and decorated fir trees and hang in the windows bikinis. As for Christmas lights in the streets, Brazilians are crazy. So I would not expect any ... Nevertheless, the Christmas spirit is far from even, which could be probably because there is still time for a month.
Am I glad I did not stress this whole presents this year, but I wish you much success :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment