Sunday, January 30, 2011

Canoes For Sale Minnesota

Petrópolis Cidade Maravilhosa

Huhu dear ones!

Here again a small sign of life, together with the last impressions of the beautiful Rio.
I noticed that I have not even written the last time how much I think Rio yet. The City provides just the right mix of everything. There are mountains, Lakes, beach and sea, greenery and sooo many recreational and cultural activities. I can walk to work and also so you can reach on foot a lot. And yet this is when you behave inconspicuously not absolutely dangerous. Just the perfect city! :-)
Last weekend I spent completely alone and that was kind of nice sometimes. Saturday morning I got my bread and eggs retrieved and made me a good breakfast corresponding to the circumstances. Against the early afternoon I drove to the historic and Nationalmueseum've spent there 3 hours. Since I was not even alone, the nice man audio guide me talk very well and me very much about the Brazilian Story. After that I wanted a little more in the area running around, but since then has held a bus next to me and is driven to the Copacabana, I'm just mitgefahren. It was not relaxing, because the bus driver wanted to talk all the time with me, but at least I was able to travel for free ... Up to the Rio Sul Shopping Center, where I somehow wanted to go all the time before, but that alone was somehow not as exciting and it was almost dark, so I went home. Sunday was much more relaxed. To 1, I went to the beach in the sun, but it was way too hot, so I am in a bar and a set Agua de Coco drunk and Newsweek from my flatmate read ... probably saw the damn European. No Brazilian would ever get the idea to sit in a bar and read, much less the whole thing to do alone. I am still a bit long run on the beach and I've still put under a palm tree and read further. Then I was eating sushi at the supermarket and drink afterwards still on the way home some juice.
Yes, and this weekend I was traveling for almost only in the company. I did on Wednesday night Jenny, my predecessor of internship, met and we got along great right away and immediately planned our first trip together. On Saturday morning it was "Off to Petrópolis". Petrópolis is a totally cute Place in the mountains, about 80km away from Rio and former summer residence of the imperial family We have therefore taken the morning and are moved together to Rodoviaria (bus station). Since I was still überbewältigt something, because the airport had almost character. In Fortaleza, there were also a Rodoviaria, but it was small, manageable and as a German bus terminal. In Rio, there are also shops, a food court and a right at the airport arrivals area as ... Since I was almost a bit strange. :) After we bought our tickets, we had about 20 minutes until departure 11:30. So we strolled a bit and have even indulged in an ice cream and sat there quietly, I have to at some point but once looked at the clock ... 11:27 ... RACE! Well, thanks to the Brazilian punctuality of course we have all done yet. Once in Petrópolis, we went directly first in a German cafe and we have a mega piece of cake and I indulged in a "chai" tea, unfortunately it was all different, but definitely not a Chai tea. Well after the meal we could therefore begin our tour. First stop: home of Santos Dumont, the father of aviation and the inventor of the wristwatch. Second stop: Palácio Cristal (Crystal Palace), built in France and in 1879 brought to Petro. Third Stop: Palácio da Princesa Isabel, the daughter of the imperial house. And last Stop: Museu Imperial Palace of the Emperor. Since you had at the entrance to attract the same time witty Filzlatschen, so that the great wooden floor not to break something and was issued as the spring with the law for the abolition of slavery was signed. Petrópolis is a totally cute place with an almost European character, that was all a bit home. Can also have at the café in handy at the beginning. :) Yes
and today I was with Anna Belle, who studied with me and now this placement makes the beach on the Sugar Loaf.
morning you go back to the placement of which I have written as yet, but soon then ... :) Achso the photos of the weekend, Jenny Unfortunately, But I hand it would.
I wish you all a wonderful week and send you sunny greetings!

0 comments:

Post a Comment