Wednesday, March 2, 2011

12.02.1086 driver

First - the first day in India on the adventure

Who was ever in India, knows that the first arrival here means a serious shock or stress all possible stimuli strong. Imagine: a total of 30-hour journey comes to an end, you're bleary-eyed and would prefer to only one room and a bed. In addition, a drastic change of environment from the idyllic Black Forest in the snowy summer temperatures and a filthy burst of human capital. That's what I have behind me 30 degree temperature difference compared to yesterday, dirt, fatigue, and a typical Indian conditions priced hotel room, where you should not too closely look into the corners and happy is his substance sleeping bag to have. But there is a shower, which I have already used grateful. And Chennai / Madras has everything to offer the modern Indian city, in particular, many people, hundreds of Rickshawfahrern take some want and chaotic traffic conditions. The whole extends to every case, to me almost a little overwhelming, so I now, to arrive on my first day on the subcontinent, have not much more than made.
But that is also on the program. While my plane landed already 9 clock this morning in Chennai, but until I was in town and had found a room, which is already almost 12th But the drive from the airport into town takes about an hour, although that only about 16 km from the center. That says everything about the traffic conditions to the peak. Nevertheless, I have my first India-experience behind me: ("? Where are you from") helpful Rickshawfahrer that help to find a hotel room and want to be rewarded for it, most Indians head, those who wish to talk to a and the first meals, is hardly typical: Thali Masala Dosa for lunch and dinner.
It is remarkable, as will be mothered as a white foreigners from the waiters. At lunch, I will first demonstrated how to make a thali (the Indian classical "all you can eat" meal with rice, dhal, curry and co here in the south it properly takes. Before we spread out a banana leaf, this is the guest. drizzled with a little water. Then you get a big pile of rice and various dishes, usually a dhal, a curry, chutney, pickles and kardamongewürzten liquid yogurt to calm the stomach. The degree of sharpness, however, pleasant and so is the whole good edible and delicious. The whole then, the (right) hand, which is also still getting used to, I eat much more slowly than the other guests who observe also interested in how I am instead.
Chennai, near Egmore station
without a nap today I came from it, especially as the temperatures have exceeded 30 degrees, which I find a little getting used to. A walk through the busy streets of Egmore and Anna Szalai main vein has confirmed the description of the Lonely Planet that Chennai, although with 6 million inhabitants the fourth largest city in India, not to offer in terms of tourism has a whole lot. So I will probably move on tomorrow.
However, the first day is over without incident, tomorrow it will hopefully be well rested to the serious exploration of Madras. Then I'll also be able to pay attention to other than glimpsing just my environment and process.

0 comments:

Post a Comment